Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Holiday's vs. Celebrations...

  Like i said before; I'm purging here, so if this blog sounds philosophical it's purely by accident.  
   
   Alright, I'm not out to be a buzz kill... I like to party and spend time with friends and loved ones like anyone else; Keeping in mind that "giving and togetherness" is at the root of holiday functions... But some of this "shit" now, is getting out of hand. Not knowing ALL the traditions around the world; I'm talking about the big ones we are handing down to our "children / grand children and so on" (depending on your age ;^) .


    Then religion has to get involved and put their "Spin" on it to put a "profound" twist toward their cause. (Religion gets a blog all to its self....)
   OK...I'm just gonna say "it" continuing to create illusions and being liberated is a tough thing to do; First we say to the kids that Santa Claus, (Which there was such a good Samaritan by that name.) isn't real; Then in the same breath, saying that GOD is Real?!? WTF? Sounds Atheist? so be it, it is what it is... Now, if we say to those same people that God isn't real... Wow! does that piss em off!! Now your a heretic and should be damned for all eternity! and, burned at the stake!! Wow this shit IS Fucked up!!!! 
  
    Whats REAL is that every one is going through hard times and trying to make a living.
We see it all around us; not to be a downer, but it still exists, and surely will in the future. I have a wall hanging (That i just had to have.) that says, "It's the most wonderful time of the year" (ya it was a song.), but none the less I keep it up all year long to be a smart ass...Cause lets face it, we should consider everyday a blessing anyway.


   When I was a kid, my dad and I would decorate the house and put up the "tree" spend some quality time together and watch "The Grinch that Stole Christmas" (every year, yup "tradition") he didn't like cartoons, but made an exception for that show. Ya, so what? This I do with the children every year, along with going to see "X-mas lights" around town... "Tradition" none the less.


   So.., I was included on a "Black Friday" mission by my son, getting presents for the kids...That! was quite an experience...Along with the hustle and bustle; just tagging along "protecting the loot"; I couldn't help but noticing everyone, and the looks everyone had, scurrying about; Some happy of course, but others with the "focused look of competition" while other looked stressed and grumpy, and like maybe two or three (including me) with these silly smiles and occasionally shaking our heads at the folly around us. Succumbing to the corporate madness of projected earnings!; The marketing, the SALES!!, the "push" to get those numbers up by the end of the year. How jolly is that?!?. Scrooge could answer I'm sure.


    Some time back I remember seeing a calender by a company specializing in party accessories, and they printed every single "holiday" possible on that thing. Literally every other day or two was a holiday of some sort. That's fine, lets enjoy our self's, and not be coursed to spend money we don't have to show the ones close to us, how much we appreciate them through out the year. When you feel it Show it!  Kids are getting the wrong messages out there! 


   Call me "old fashioned" but a holiday "reboot" is needed... Family, Friends, Good food, "Spirits" (you know;^). Good times and good will...THAT'S what it's all about.          
        

No comments:

Post a Comment